Issues of Accreditation
1.Read the article: Issues of Accreditation: A Dean’s Perspective..
2.Answer the following questions after reading the article:
a.Why do we need accreditation for nursing schools?.
b.What does an accreditation agency look for when they review a school?.
c.What are the quality criteria that they are looking for when they review a school?.
d.The current accreditation agencies are classified as quasi-governmental meaning that they act like a governmental group, in a sense, but they are not an official governmental agency. Explain what is meant by a quasi-governmental agency? (You may need to look further than the article to answer this question).. .
3.Your paper should be: ◦One (1) page or more.. ◦Use factual information from the textbook and/or appropriate articles and websites.. ◦Cite your sources – type references according to the APA Style Guide.
This assignment is designed to help students
· Develop an appreciation for informatics, basic skills and knowledge required in practice settings. Students will select a “hot” or popular topic of particular interest to their practice to discuss. The topic will be selected from the website using the link provided in the course Assignments section.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the following ability.
(CO 6) Describe health information systems within healthcare setting and the profession of nursing in all practice domains and settings including electronic health records (EHR), their management and patient-care information technology (IT). (PO 4)
(CO 7) Explore trends and issues in NI and their impact on nursing practice in all domains. (POs 9, 11)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 5.
Total Points Possible: 125
Students will login to FierceEMR and FierceHealthIT using the link provided in the course Assignments and select a “current/popular” topic of the week that may impact their practice. Students, in a professionally developed paper, will discuss the rationale for choosing the topic, how it will impact practice in a positive or negative manner, citing pros and cons. Include a discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were used in the process relevance to developing the assignment. In the conclusion, provide recommendations for the future. Submit completed FierceHealthIT Topic paper for Wk. 5 to dropbox by end of Week 5.
Preparing the paper
1. The FierceEMR and FierceHealthIT Current/Popular Topic of the Week assignment must be a professional, scholarly prepared paper. See the guidelines for writing a professional, scholarly paper in the Course Resources. The professional paper will have an introduction, body of paper to explain what you are doing, summary/conclusion, and at least three scholarly references.
2. Required texts may be used as references, but a minimum of three sources must be from outside of course readings.
3. All aspects of the paper must be in APA format as expressed in the 6th edition.
4. The paper (excluding the title page, introduction and reference page) is 4-6 pages in length.
5. Ideas and information from professional sources must be cited correctly.
6. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing.
Category Points % Description
Introduction 10 8 Introduction presents a brief overview of the parts of the paper.
Selects relevant HealthIT Topic to discuss; provides rationale for selecting topic 30 24 Provides convincing rationale for topic selection
Convincing arguments of how topic will impact practice in a positive or negative manner citing pros and cons. 35 28 Convincing arguments of how topic impacts practice in a positive or negative manner; pros and cons are presented
Discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were used in the process relevance to developing the assignment 20 16 Provides a discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were used in the process to develop the assignment
Conclusion 10 8 Concluding statements summarize insights about the key elements of the paper gained during the assignment. Recommendations for the future are provided
APA Style 6 4.8 Text, title page, body of paper, summary and reference page(s) are completely consistent with APA format.
Citations 7 5.6 Ideas and information from sources are cited correctly. There are a minimum of three scholarly, current (5 years or less) references.
Writing Mechanics 7 5.6 Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are consistent with formal written work,
Total 125 100% A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.