This assignment provides the opportunity for the student to continue development of a MSN EBP scholarly project that started with the identification of a nursing concern and PICOT/PICo question (Are children (P) who are taken care by obese adoptive parents (I) at increased risk of being affected by obesity (O) compared with children (P) without diabetic obese adoptive parents(C) during the ages of 5 to 18 (T)?
. The focus of this assignment is to discuss the research-based literature support for the selected concern, identify an appropriate research design, explain the sampling method, and discuss implementation through the use of a change model.
description of the Assignment: This continues the development of a MSN EBP scholarly project by requiring the student to identify the additional elements of the process. The required elements are noted to be:
• Research Literature Support (NOTE: Ten research-based references related to PICOT/PICo question are required)
• Research Approach and Design
Criteria for Content
1. Research Literature Support: In this section, comprehensive research literature support for the identified nursing concern and PCIOT/PICo question is to be provided. A minimum of ten (10)research-based references are required. The use of a systematic research review article as a reference is NOT allowed. All research studies are to be consistent with the selected concern and PICOT/PICo question. The PICOT/PICOT question is restated before presenting the research literature support. For each research-based reference the following information is to be discussed:
• -Purpose of the research study
• -Research approach that was used
• -Data collection methods used
• -Results of the research study
• -One strength of the research study
• -One limitation of the research study.
• 2. Research Approach and Design: In this section, the student will identify the research approach that he/she plans on using for the EBP project as being either quantitative or qualitative. In addition, if the selected approach is quantitative, the student needs to identify if the design is experimental, quasi-experimental, or descriptive. If the selected approach is qualitative, the student needs to identify if the design is phenomenological, ethnography, grounded theory, or historical. A description of the selected design is to be provided as well as rationale for its selection. In addition one advantage and one disadvantage to the selected design is to be identified and discussed. Required content includes:
• -Identification of the research approach that the student plans on using as either quantitative or qualitative
• -Identification of selected quantitative research design by indicating if the design is experimental, quasi-experimental, or descriptive
• -Identification of the selected qualitative design by indicating if the design is phenomenological, ethnography, grounded theory, or historical
• -Description of the selected design
• -Rationale for the selected design
• -Identification of one advantage of the selected design
• -Identification of one disadvantage of the selected design
• -Provide scholarly reference(s) to support information about the selected research approach/design
• 3. Sampling: In this section, the student will identify the sampling method to be used in order to obtain the necessary participants for the proposed EBP project. Discussion of participants’ rights as research subjects is also included. Required content includes:
• -Describe the target population
• -Identify the sampling method as being either probability or nonprobability
• -Provide a complete description of the sampling procedure including:
o Sample size
o Inclusion criteria
o Exclusion criteria
• -Identify one advantage to the selected sampling procedure
• -Identify one disadvantage to the selected sampling procedure
• -Explain how participants’ rights will be protected including confidentiality, anonymity, protection from harm, and informed consent
• -Provide scholarly reference(s) to support information about the selected sampling method
• 4. Proposed Implementation with a change model: In this section, the student will apply the PDSA Change Model as the method to implement the proposed EBP practice solution/change. The required content includes:
• -Describe the PDSA Change Model
• -Explain why this change model is best suited for implementation of your evidence-based nursing practice solution/change
• -Apply each step of the PDSA Change Model to implementing the proposed practice solution/change
• -Explain how to overcome one barrier to the use of the EBP results from this project
• -Explain how an environment that supports EBP can be fostered in your future practice setting
• -Include a scholarly reference(s) for the PDSA Change Model
Preparing the Assignment
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
1. The additional sections to the proposal are not to exceed 15 (fifteen) pages. Be sure that all literature review articles are on your reference page. Points will be lost for not meeting these length requirements.
2. Title page, running head, body of paper, headings, and reference page(s) must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual.
3. Required textbook for this course, dictionary and lesson information may NOT be used as scholarly references for this assignment. For additional assistance regarding scholarly nursing references, please see the Library Guide. Be aware that information from .com, .edu, and library websites may be incorrect and should be avoided. Please contact your faculty member for guidance concerning the acceptability of a website as a scholarly source. References are current – within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided and the instructor has approved the use of the older reference.
4. This assignment is the required submission to Turn It In™ (TII). To prepare for the final submission, students are encouraged to submit their assignments early. A similarity score of 24% or less is required for the final submission. Any other level of similarity index requires the student to revise the assignment before the due date and time. To allow sufficient time for revision, early submission of the assignment to TurnItIn™ is highly encouraged. The final submission will be graded by faculty. If the final TurnItIn™ report indicates that plagiarism has occurred, the Academic Integrity policy will be followed. Similarity scores of 25% or higher result in the implementation of the disciplinary action.