Individual Report 2000 words
History of Childhood
Oral History Project on Childhood
Task (2000 words)
• This will involve producing a report based on utilising oral history research methods and approaches to compare and contrast the childhoods of persons aged 30-59 and
those aged 60+.
• At least one male and one female from each age group will be interviewed by the student – to bring out gender differences; though students may interview further
people in order to follow up specific issues and questions.
• A minimum of 4 people should be interviewed if at all possible.
• It would also be interesting to explore social class and ethnicity dimension where possible and appropriate.
• Students may interview relatives, friends, neighbours or other people they already know to research.
• In negotiation with the tutor, students will focus their research on particular topics, e.g. education, play, leisure pursuits, religious practice, etc. ( pick one