1. Imagine that you own a Korean restaurant in downtown Raleigh, NC, but business has been very slow. Briefly discuss how you might complete each step of the Marketing Research Process in order to understand why business has been slow, and what you can do to fix the issue.
click here for more information on this paper
2. Discuss the four Ps of marketing (aka the Marketing Mix) in relation to your favorite candy bar. For example, my favorite candy bar is the Whatchamacallit. Regarding the four Ps of marketing, the product would be Hershey’s Whatchamacallit candy bar (mmmm); the price would be about $1.50; etc. Chapter 14 Developing and Pricing Goods and Services
3. Several functions of product packaging are discussed in this chapter. Identify a food item that you typically purchase from the grocery store, and discuss how the packaging of that item performs 4 or 5 of these functions.
4. You have just written a book on the history of barbecue, and you want to take it to market and earn lots of money! Identify which pricing strategy you would use, and explain why.
5. Think about a particularly effective advertisement that you’ve seen before. Where did you see the advertisement? What was being advertised? Why do you think it was so effective? (If your advertisement is on YouTube, please post a link; I’d love to see it!)
6. Returning to the example of the Korean restaurant – how would you, as the owner, go about promoting your business? What medium(s) would you use? Would you use internet marketing?