For your Case Study Stage 1 assignment, you performed a Five Forces Analysis and justified Myra’s chosen strategy for competitive advantage and the business process
that she would like to improve through the application of technology.
In the Stage 2 assignment, you will identify the inputs, processing and outputs of Myra’s selected business process. Those inputs, processing and outputs form the
functional (business) requirements for an IT system to improve the process.
The first step in identifying the functional or business requirements for an information system is to develop the high level requirements that establish the scope of
the system. Myra has selected the Customer and Employee Scheduling Process for improvement using an IT solution, and together you have identified the following high
level requirements. The system must
1. Allow employees to enter their availability and desired days/times to work
2. Allow Myra to review the employee requests and develop a schedule
3. Make the schedule available to employees to review their final work schedule
4. Make the employee schedule available for staff to enter customer appointments
5. Allow Myra and the staff to enter customer appointments
6. Keep track of customer appointments, including stylist and service performed
7. Accommodate changes in the employee schedules and customer appointments, and update schedule accordingly
8. Accommodate changes in the customer information stored in the system
9. Provide management reports to Myra showing employee workload, customers served, customer contact information, busy times/days, etc.
For this assignment, you will focus on the customer appointment portion of the overall process. The process model shows the steps in the customer appointment process.
In a process model, rectangles are used to illustrate process steps and diamonds are used where decisions or choices are made. You need to be aware that there are
other aspects of the process to be considered, as shown in the high level requirements above. The points at which these additional steps intersect with the customer
appointment process are shown in the process model with a circle and a letter.
Customer Appointment Process Model:
The process model is separately provided as an Excel file, labeled “Stage 2 Process Model.”
Assignment: UMUC Haircuts Stage 2: Create a document that includes:
At the top of your paper, show the strategy for competitive advantage that Myra selected and the business process she has chosen to improve, using the following