II. Essay Topics. Choice two questions and write a 5 pages respond for each question, you may use online scholar sources or books but you need to cite your work.
EACH RESPONSE IS TO BE 5-8 PAGE, TYPED, *****HOWEVER, YOU MUST FOOTNOTE AT LEAST THREE BITS OF DATA FROM THREE SCHOLARLY SOURCES (THREE BOOKS OR TWO BOOKS AND ONE ARTICLE) USE BOOK SOURCES INDEPENDENT OF WHAT IS RECOMMENDED. *** DO NOT, HOWEVER, USE ONLY ONLINE ARTICLES. THIS WILL NOT MAKE FOR AN ACCEPTABLE EXAM.
1. What is International political economy? Illustrate and explain the various IPE thought schools? Which of them seems most applicable in the modern age? Argue and defend your point.
2. What is the global economy? Illustrate and explain its’ evolution. Is it good, bad or a bit of both?
3. What is the World Trade Organisation? Explain its creation and purpose? Has it proved itself positively in promoting balanced global trade? What challenges doe the WTO presently face?
4. What is the Doha Round? Has it been effective concerning solving important global economic issues?
5. What is the economic argument for trade? What factors can enforce fair trade? What factors also hinder it?
6. What are various approaches to trade policy? Which may foster
fairer global trade?
7. What factors are needed to create successful trade and developement? Will these factors contribute to economic well being? Explain.
8. What are Money Markets? How did they operate? Explain.
9. What are Incentives? Why are they important? Illustrate and explain examples.
10. Are tax cuts beneficial for improving an economy especially after a recession? Argue and defend your point.