1. Identify an economically marginalized group within the American society. This is Single Mothers in Poverty. Who belongs in the group? What factors contribute to their marginalization? Does the problem differ by geographic region of residence?
2. Define clearly an economic problem/issue that this group faces. (You may want to consider economic issues that are surfacing in the news).
3. Provide a brief historical analysis of the problem/issue. What is the history of the problem/issue? What are/were the economic causes and consequences of the issue/problem? Assess the privilege and oppression relative to the marginalized group affected by the problem/issue from the perspective of culture, race, class, and gender. What are the implications of culture, race, gender and class differences on this problem/ issue?
4. Identify at least one short-run and one long-run solution to resolve the problem/issue given the status of the problem and the current political and economic climate of the nation. (Note: creative solutions may be of your own design.) Who benefits from this solution? Who pays?
5. Evaluate your proposed solutions for feasibility. Are they economically and politically feasible at this time? Which of these Catholic Social Teaching Principles: Dignity of the Human Person; Preferential Option for the Poor; the Common Good are addressed in the solutions that you proposed?
6. Project reports are to be typed, double-spaced on standard 8 ½ x 11-inch paper using APA 6th edition format style.