Week Two: Selecting Investments in a Global Market; Organization and Functioning of Securities Markets; Security Market Indexes
This week will focus on analyzing and understanding the reasons why global investing is appropriate for U.S. investors.
…be able to evaluate the purpose and function of stock markets, interest rates and international regulation.
• Selecting Investments in a Global Market
• Organization and Functioning of Securities Markets
• Security Market Indexes
ANSWER THE THREE QUESTION BELOW
2. You own 100 shares of General Electric stock and you want to sell it because you need
the money to make a down payment on a car. Assume there is absolutely no secondary
market system in common stocks. How would you go about selling the stock? Discuss
what you would have to do to find a buyer, how long it might take, and the price you might receive
8. Which segment of the secondary stock market (listed exchanges or NASDAQ) is larger in
terms of the number of issues? Which is larger in terms of the value of the issues traded?
8. There are high correlations between the monthly percentage price changes for the alternative
NYSE indexes. Discuss the reason for this similarity: is it size of sample, source of
sample, or method of computation?
Hotel Operations and Management
Assignment 2: Training Plan Process
Due Date Friday, November 28, 2014
As the training and development manager in the HR department, what steps would you use to formulate a training plan for a new hire in the front-office department? List and describe each step