Change Management Plan
instructions for PowerPoint presentation and paper BELOW;
Using the organization where you work (WAL-MART) or one in which you are very familiar, identify a Human Resource Management program, policy, procedure, or initiative that you believe needs to be changed. Your goal is to apply Kotter’s 8 Stage Process of Creating Change to the HR situation you have selected, with corresponding suggestions for how to put this change initiative into practice.
This assignment consists of two (2) sections: a written report and a PowerPoint presentation.
Section 1: Change Management Plan
1. Write a seven (7) page paper in which you:
a. Describe the organization in terms of industry, size, and history.
b. Describe how the HR program /policy / process / procedure / initiative that has been proposed should be changed.
c. Describe three (3) reasons why this change is important to make.
d. Describe the recommended change.
e. Develop a strategy that illustrates how you would address each of the eight (8) Stages of Change (Establishing a sense of urgency; creating coalition; developing vision and strategy; communicating the vision; empowering broad-based action; generating short term wins; consolidating gains and producing more change; anchoring new approaches into the culture).
f. Identify potential resistance to change and describe how the resistance would be managed.
g. Outline at least three (3) communications strategies you would use.
h. Propose two (2) diagnostic tools to identify the changes that need to be made in organization.
i. Recommend two (2) strategies for sustaining the change.
j. Use at least four (6) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
k. Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format.
Section 2: PowerPoint Presentation
Prepare a thirteen (13) slide PowerPoint presentation from the main points in the written report.
1. Create bulleted speaking notes for your presentation to the shareholders in the Notes section of the PowerPoint. Note: You may create or assume any fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established in this assignment for a realistic flow of communication.
2. Use a professional technically written style to graphically convey the information.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Evaluate an organization’s readiness for change.
• Compare theories of change management and select an appropriate theory for an organization change.
• Evaluate the reasons why organizations change and the internal and external forces of change.
• Create a change management plan.
• Identify organizational changes that link to vision.
• Evaluate strategies for communicating change.
• Identify a range of action that can assist in the sustaining of change.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in managing organizational change.